A decision to apply to Weimar Academy should be weighed carefully. Being a student at Weimar Academy is both rewarding and challenging. Success requires personal maturity and a willingness to accept responsibility for one’s actions. Agreement with the following statements may indicate your readiness to be a student at Weimar Academy.
- I have a settled conviction that a life in harmony with Jesus Christ is the fulfillment of my life’s goals. I may not have fully matured in all aspects of life, but I have settled the question of who has my allegiance, and I am actively seeking a love relationship with Jesus Christ.
- I recognize the importance of personal commitment to the school, its purposes, its people, and its practices. As I develop my God-given individuality, I will remain committed to the well-being of the group and a supportive member of the school family.
- I am committed to academic excellence. I value the deeply Biblical, intellectually-challenging emphasis given to course work at Weimar Academy. My highest motivation for excellence in learning is to glorify God, not to bring recognition to myself.
- I desire to be actively involved in personal service and witnessing for my faith as an important part of my education. I know that my own personal growth is directly related to the use of my spiritual gifts on behalf of others.
- I am willing to follow God’s lead in coming to Weimar Academy and will do everything within my power to achieve His goals for me, even if unexpected circumstances or obstacles arise.
If you feel that the above statements are true for you, we welcome you to apply to Weimar Academy.
Instructions to the Applicant
- Parent and child should read the entire Weimar Academy handbook. The Weimar Academy experience is unique and this will help you determine if this is the right choice for you and your child. The handbook can be downloaded here. Other documents and policies that will be helpful in your decision making can be found here.
- Submit the online application. This form is to be completed by the parent and student, and is available here.
- Complete the two essays listed in the “Other Documents Needed” section of the online application along with the other documents requested.
- Submit the $25 application fee online by clicking here, send by mail, or call 530-422-7913 to pay over the phone.
- Have at least three people (adult friend that knows you very well, recent principal/teacher, work supervisor), who have known you at least 2 years to fill out our online reference form or send in a paper copy. Urge references to complete these as soon as possible. The online form can be found here.
- Ask that official transcripts from all schools within the last 3 years, no further back than 7th grade, be sent to Weimar Academy. If the grades are for 7th or 8th grade, please send copies of report cards. Our transcript request form can be downloaded here. If you have been homeschooled, please contact us for instructions.
- Schedule an interview with the staff once all items have been received by the academy. Contact us here.